- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. grounded black pepper, divided
- 1 4-lb chicken trimmed of excess fat sauce
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup dried black Mission figs, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. snipped fresh rosemary salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Set a rack in the middle position and preheat oven at 400°F. Line a large baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl combine 1 Tbs. of oil, garlic, 1 Tbs. rosemary, vinegar, lemon peel, mustard, and 1/4 tsp. each of the salt and pepper. Gently loosen the skin over the breast and legs of the chicken and rub the mixture underneath. Set bird, breast side up, in prepared pan. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- 2. Roast uncovered for 45 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the breast registers 170°F. Cover the foil and rest 10 minutes
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine all of the sauce ingredients. Then bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes over medium high heat. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and puree until smooth. If necessary, add additional nectar to thin to desired consistency.
- 4. Cut chicken into 8 pieces. Serve fig sauce on the side.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More