- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 2 - 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 bone-in split chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary (dried or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the chicken breast and place the chicken into the close cooker along with 1/2 cup water.
- Pour the orange juice over the chicken and then sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Arrange the orange slices over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours
- When the chicken is done, pull the meat off the bone (actually, it'll just fall off) and serve.
NotesThis is a great, inexpensive, simple, basic slow cooker recipe. You can always "doctor" it up and add some garlic, and a few veggies....or even substitute a whole chicken.
Recommended sides: mashed sweet potatoes and a simple veggie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Home cookingSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More