- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 2 - 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 bone-in split chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary (dried or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin from the chicken breast and place the chicken into the close cooker along with 1/2 cup water.
- Pour the orange juice over the chicken and then sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Arrange the orange slices over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours
- When the chicken is done, pull the meat off the bone (actually, it'll just fall off) and serve.
NotesThis is a great, inexpensive, simple, basic slow cooker recipe. You can always "doctor" it up and add some garlic, and a few veggies....or even substitute a whole chicken.
Recommended sides: mashed sweet potatoes and a simple veggie
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More