- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken thighs
- 5 rosemary twigs
- 1 lemon
- 1 bell pepper (or two)
- a few cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning
- 1 tblspoon flour
- + 1 tblsp breadcrumbs
- + 1 tblsp grated Parmigiano cheese
- Olive oil
- With a sharp knife, carefully remove the bones from the chicken thighs but leave the skin on.
- Season the chicken on both sides (salt, pepper, poultry seasoning).
- Put a little finely grated lemon zest and a (washed and dried) rosemary twig on each thigh.
- Roll the meat aroung the rosemary twig and tie thightly with a piece of twine/string
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs and finely grated Parmigiano in a plate, and dredge the thighs.
- Place them in an oiled roasting pan (even better, line the pan with baking paper, you'll need less oil).
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes. Mine were pretty small so I cut them in four. The point is to cut them the right size so that they need more or less the sime time to bake as the chicken.
- Place the potato chunks around the chicken, add a few cloves of garlic and a rosemary twig. Drizzle a little oil on top of everything. Put the pan in an already warm oven at 220°C.
- Wash and chop the bell peper(s).
- Add the chopped peppers to the meat and potatoes when they are half done (even last 10 minutes will be enough).
- I don't know how long it took for the meat and potatoes to be done, I checked with a fork, and when everything was nice crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, I took the pan out of the oven.
- Remove the garlic and rosemary before serving.
NotesPretty simple way to prepare chicken, but addition of lemon zest and rosemary makes it really flavorful, the same thing goes for peppers added to potatoes.
Adapt the quantity of meat and potatoes to your needs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More