- Cooking Time: 5-10 min
- Servings: 8 crostinis, 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 5-10 min
- Pear and goat cheese crostinis
- Makes 8 crostinis
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices white bread such as a french baguette style
- 1 pear
- Sea salt (I used Maldon)
- 7 oz (200 grams) of goat cheese
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- Ground black pepper
- Cut the pear in 8 slices and remove the seeds and hard parts.
- Sauté the pear slices lightly in oil using a griddle or a skillet. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt flakes over the pears.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet, set a side.
- On the crostini: spread a thick layer of goat cheese, top with a pear slice, a cluster of pine nuts and garnish with a rosemary sprig. Finish of with some ground black pepper
NotesIt’s winter and the Rosemary, which grows wild in Pantelleria, is in full bloom. With it’s small blue flowers rosemary is my favorite herb and it’s aroma accompanies me during my walks in the mountains. Someone once told me that rosemary is good for the memory but I’m afraid I haven’t noticed that effect on me… As many of you already know, rosemary also goes fantastic with goat cheese and nuts. Here is a flavorsome recipe for crostinis with goat cheese, pears, pine nuts and wild rosemary.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More