- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish (optional)
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 2 1/2 lbs red new potatoes, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, stems trimmed, washed and dried well
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Puree until marinade is smooth.
- Place chicken in a shallow glass baking dish or large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour half the marinade over chicken (reserve other half for vegetables); toss to coat.
- Let marinate 15 minutes at room temperature (or cover dish with plastic and refrigerate up to 24 hours).
- Lift chicken from marinade, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, on another large rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes and mushrooms with reserved marinade; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place both baking sheets in oven, with chicken on top rack.
- After 20 minutes, rotate sheets from top to bottom; 10 minutes later, scatter tomatoes over vegetables.
- Continue roasting until chicken is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part, avoiding bone, should register 165 degrees), and potatoes and mushrooms are tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Served chicken with vegetables and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
NotesThis is a wonderful, tasty recipe that smelled great cooking. I used golden potatoes, dried rosemary, lemon juice from a bottle and left out the salt. I only marinated the chicken 15 minutes, but next time I would like to try marinating the chicken 24 hours.
Three cups of the cooked vegetables can be kept aside for Egg Custard with Cheese, which I'll post in a few days.
Source: Everyday Food November 2006
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Simple Homemade Favorites
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More