- Cooking Time: 6 to 8 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 3 to 4 minutes
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup guava juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- For the alcoholic version, add a shot of vodka to the finished product.
- Combine the grapefruit juice, cranberry juice cocktail and guava juice in a small pot over medium heat.
- If you don't have/can't find guava juice, try a citrus juice like orange or another sharp acidic like peach nectar or pineapple.
- Bring to a simmer, then keep at a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, then serve in sherry or port glasses.
NotesMy mom used to serve a version of this drink, but like everything she did she just added 'a touch of this and a touch of that'. This version, complete with exact measurements, comes from the book â€śHot Drinksâ€ť by Mary Lou Heiss and Robert J. Heiss. It's great on those cold winter evenings when you just need a little pick-me-up and something warm to curl up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Naked Macaron
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More