- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is from BH&G Nutrtion for your family--1961 Guide
A good recipe for making "on hand" low calorie dressing.
Makes 1 2/3 cups.
Total calories: 135 - per tablespoon: 5
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBSps. enriched flour
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp liquid sweetener
- 1 clove garlic
- Gradually stir flour into water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick, about 5 min. Cool.
- Add all other ingredients except garlic.
- Beat until smooth and well- blended.
- Add garlic.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Shake well before using.