ROSY RASPBERRY PEAR PIE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (I5-oz.) pkg. Pillsbury~ Refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3 firm ripe pears, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole raspberries without syrup, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for one-crust filled pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- Reserve second crust for cutouts.
- In large bowl, combine pears, lemon juice and almond extract; toss to coat. Add 3/4 cup sugar and flour; mix
- well. Spoon about half of pear mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with raspberries. Spoon remaining pear mixture
- over raspberries.
- With 2 1/2-inch floured round cookie cutter, cut 9 rounds from second pie crust. Brush each with melted butter.
- Place 8 rounds, butter side up, in circle on outer edge of fruit, overlapping as necessary. Place 1 round in center. Sprinkle rounds with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 400°F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. If necessary, cover
- edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool 3 hours or
- until completely cooled. If desired, serve with Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 8 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More