- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the pan
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- A generous handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, a generous handful, plus some for passing at table
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Box of wheat rotini noodles
- 0preparation: Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the EVOO, garlic, bay leaf, onion and carrots and saute 5 minutes or until softened. Season with a little salt and pepper then add the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the parsley, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. After thoroughly combining everything with your hands, roll the mixture into balls the size of a large walnut and drop into the soup pot. Once all of the meatballs have been added, wash up and stir the broken spaghetti into the pot. Cook 7 minutes more. Season stoup with salt and pepper to your taste and serve. Pass grated cheese at the table for topping.
- If stoup gets too thick for your liking, stir in a cup of water or stock to loosen it up.
NotesI bought ground chicken at the grocery and was trying to find a recipe to use it in. One morning I was watching Rachael Ray's show and *ding* I found this recipe - only I made a few "alterations". So through trial by fire I wound up with this recipe. Super yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Watt's Cooking in PA?
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More