ROTINI WITH PROSCIUTTO AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 8
- Salt (optional), for cooking the pasta
- 8 ounces Rotini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Prosciutto, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 package (8 ounces; 1 cup) fresh sugar snap peas
- Pre-grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Black pepper, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt, if using and stir in the rotini. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook the rotini, uncovered, until al dente, 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto and onion, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, 3 minutes. Pour in the cream, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer, stirring often, until has reduced slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. After the rotini has cooked for 5 minutes, add the sugar snap peas to the pot and cook them until they turn bright green and are crisp-tender. Drain the rotini and sugar snap peas well in a colander, shaking it a few times to remove any water that might cling to the pasta. Return the rotini and sugar snap peas to the pot. Spoon the sauce over them and stir to coat the pasta well. Serve at once with Parmesan cheese and pepper on the side.