- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- assorted sliced deli meats
- assorted sliced cheeses
- oil (preferably olive oil) & vinegar
- salt & pepper
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onions
- pepperchini's, drained and stems cut off
- soft cream cheese with garlic and chives
- a loaf of round shepard bread or other crusty bread
- Cut a slice at the top not very deep into the bread and remove the insides of the bread leaving it hollow like the picture at left.
- Spread cream cheese spread on sides and bottom and cover well.
- This will help seal the bread.
- Start constructing your sandwich with a layer of cheese being sure to cover the entire bottom of the bread going around in a circle.
- The first layer of cheese should come up sides a little.
- Follow with a layer of each type of meat.
- After the meat layers add the tomato, onion then sprinkle with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. Add some pepperchini's.
- Repeat the process, ending with a layer of cheese. Be sure to press down all layers well you want this sandwich to be very compact.
- Be sure to fill the bread completely to the top.
- Spread cream cheese spread on the inside of the top you cut off.
- Place top of bread back onto your sandwich being sure to align it so it looks like it was never cut off.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve cut like a pie into wedges.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More