- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ lb. butter (2 sticks), room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp.
- 1 ½ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup buttermilk, room temp.
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mash bananas until smooth and soupy; set aside. Cream butter and sugar with mixer. Add eggs and beat until smooth. Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add nuts and stir to coat. Then add with all remaining ingredients and combine until well blended. Pour into lightly greased and floured (use a baking spray) 5”x9” bread pan or 2 - 7½"x3½"x2¼" bread pans and smooth top. Bake for one hour. Reduce heat to 250° and continue baking for 15-20 more minutes, or until well-browned. Cool for 10 minutes on rack. Put second rack over top of pan and invert to remove from pan. Use other rack to turn right-side up. Cool at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or cool. Best banana bread recipe of all that I have tried -- a favorite of Roger's and Gary's. The recipe is from Rube Force of South Haven, MI.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More