- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 12
BackstoryAnother Muscat Pairing.... This time though, Moscato d'Asti is best... The effervescence of the wine is superb with this fruit and asparagus combination...
- 3 TB Toasted Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 TB Cilantro; chopped
- 1 TB Key Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Lime zest or 1 thinly sliced makrut lime leaf lobe
- 1 1/4 tsp Fresh Ginger; minced
- 1 tsp Garlic; minced
- 1 TB Orange Blossom Honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb Asparagus Spears; snap ends and cut to 2 inches
- 18 Ruby Red Grapefruit Segments (about 2 Grapefruits)
- To prepare the Ginger Vinaigrette by combining the Rice Vinegar, Cilantro, Key Lime Juice, zest/Leaf, Ginger, Garlic, Honey in a bowl and whisking until combined.
- Begin drizzling in the Sesame oil while continuing to whisk until an emulsion is formed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste and set aside.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a medium stock pot.
- Meanwhile, peel and section a red grapefruit, place in a medium sized serving bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, add salt and drop asparagus.
- Cook 3 minutes (until bright green)
- Remove asparagus with skimmer and plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Pat asparagus dry and add to the bowl with the grapefruit and drizzle with Ginger vinaigrette .
- Toss to coat.