- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 12
- 3 TB Toasted Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 TB Cilantro; chopped
- 1 TB Key Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Lime zest or 1 thinly sliced makrut lime leaf lobe
- 1 1/4 tsp Fresh Ginger; minced
- 1 tsp Garlic; minced
- 1 TB Orange Blossom Honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb Asparagus Spears; snap ends and cut to 2 inches
- 18 Ruby Red Grapefruit Segments (about 2 Grapefruits)
- To prepare the Ginger Vinaigrette by combining the Rice Vinegar, Cilantro, Key Lime Juice, zest/Leaf, Ginger, Garlic, Honey in a bowl and whisking until combined.
- Begin drizzling in the Sesame oil while continuing to whisk until an emulsion is formed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste and set aside.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a medium stock pot.
- Meanwhile, peel and section a red grapefruit, place in a medium sized serving bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, add salt and drop asparagus.
- Cook 3 minutes (until bright green)
- Remove asparagus with skimmer and plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Pat asparagus dry and add to the bowl with the grapefruit and drizzle with Ginger vinaigrette .
- Toss to coat.
NotesAnother Muscat Pairing.... This time though, Moscato d'Asti is best... The effervescence of the wine is superb with this fruit and asparagus combination...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Summertime SippersSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More