- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 64
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Package cream cheese softened
- 1 Cup butter softened
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 1 Cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Apricot jam
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add flour, mixing until blended. (Dough will be very soft.)
- Divide dough into 4 portions; place each on sheet of plastic wrap. Pat each portion into 1-inch-thick circle, using floured hands. Wrap plastic wrap around each circle to enclose. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cover baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix walnuts, 1/2 cup of the sugar and 2 tsp. of the cinnamon; set aside.
- Roll each portion of dough to 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface, lifting dough occasionally to add more flour to work surface as necessary.
- Spread each circle evenly with 1 Tbsp. of the jam; sprinkle with nut mixture.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges(I use a pizza cutter for quick work of it).
- Roll up each wedge, starting from short end.
- Place, point sides down, on prepared baking sheets; shape into crescents.
- Sprinkle with combined remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon and 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
- Makes 64 cookies(if you want larger cookies cut into 8 slices instead of 16 per sheet of dough).
- You can omit the walnut sugar mix in the cookie or make it just walnut sugar mix. I have done this and added a few sultana raisins to each cookie before rolling. Try using a good plum jam by itself as filling.
- Note: Most store bought jams will get very "watery" and melt out of cookies so best to use a good quality jam, that is nice and thick.
NotesThese are delicious crescent cookies that are rich and flaky. You can fill them with either a walnut and sugar mix or a good thick homemade jam or combination of both.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More