- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Large pinch of coarse salt
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out dough
- 4 ounces walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 12 ounces apricot jelly, melted ( I use seedless rasberry jam)
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips or currants or a combination
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fine sanding sugar
- Make the dough: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and cream cheese at medium speed.
- Add sugar, and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating to combine after each addition.
- Add vanilla and salt, and beat to combine. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour.
- Remove from bowl, and divide into 3 pieces on a lightly floured surface. Pat into disks, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to overnight.
- Make the filling: In a food processor, combine walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until fine.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with Silpats (French nonstick baking mats).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one piece of dough into a 12-inch round, less than 1/8 inch thick. Brush evenly with jelly.
- Sprinkle with one-third of the walnut mixture and one-third of the chocolate chips. Using the rolling pin, gently roll over filling to press ingredients into dough.
- Cut the round into 16 equal-sized wedges. Beginning at the base of each wedge, roll to enclose filling, forming crescent shapes. Pinch to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and filling ingredients. Brush tops with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More