- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom got this recipe from Bon Appetite many years ago. Quickly became my favorite cookie. Kind of weird since I'm not a big fan of cranberry...
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2/3 C (3 1/2 oz) dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2/3 C (2 3/4 oz) finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 large egg, beated to blend
- additional sugar
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and cheese in large bowl until light.
- Add sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Gather dough into ball and gently kneed until smooth.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Gather each into ball; flatten into disks.
- Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- Can be done one day ahead.
- Let soften slightly before rolling.
- Mix 3/4 C sugar, cranberries, walnuts, butter, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl to blend, Set aside.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Place dough disks on floured work surface (keep remaining 7 dough disks refreigerate)
- Roll out dough to 8 inch round.
- Spread 3 tablespoons filling over round, leaving 1/2 inch border.
- Cut round into 8 wedges. Starting at wide end of each wedge, roll up tightly and completely to top.
- Place cookies, tip pointing down, on ungreased baking sheet and form into crescents.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, transfer cookies to racks and cool.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Smooth Sweet Tea
Bacon Pecan Crumble Chocolate CakeSee More