- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2/3 C (3 1/2 oz) dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2/3 C (2 3/4 oz) finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 large egg, beated to blend
- additional sugar
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and cheese in large bowl until light.
- Add sugar, beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Gather dough into ball and gently kneed until smooth.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Gather each into ball; flatten into disks.
- Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- Can be done one day ahead.
- Let soften slightly before rolling.
- Mix 3/4 C sugar, cranberries, walnuts, butter, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl to blend, Set aside.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Place dough disks on floured work surface (keep remaining 7 dough disks refreigerate)
- Roll out dough to 8 inch round.
- Spread 3 tablespoons filling over round, leaving 1/2 inch border.
- Cut round into 8 wedges. Starting at wide end of each wedge, roll up tightly and completely to top.
- Place cookies, tip pointing down, on ungreased baking sheet and form into crescents.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, transfer cookies to racks and cool.
NotesMy mom got this recipe from Bon Appetite many years ago. Quickly became my favorite cookie. Kind of weird since I'm not a big fan of cranberry...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More