- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryPart candy, part cookie, this recipe is from food blogger "Lisa's Kitchen":
I made these rum balls a few years back for a Christmas treat and have made them every Christmas since. They are somewhat like truffles, only stronger in taste because of the rum. Yum! I suggest you use a nice dark Jamaican rum for this recipe. If you want to include crushed nuts, substitute 1 cup of the wafers for 1 cup of nuts, such as hazelnuts. I have submitted this recipe to Food Blogga who is currently showcasing Christmas cookies from around the world.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 3 cups of vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of dark rum
- powdered sugar, rice flour, cocoa for coating
- In a heavy pot, melt the chocolate on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar and corn syrup.
- Beat in the vanilla wafers (and nuts if you are using them).
- Next stir in the salt, vanilla and rum until well combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture until firm.
- Roll the mixture into small 1 inch balls. Roll in the coatings of your choice. I like cocoa and rice flour.
- Makes roughly 3 dozen rum balls.