- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, finely chopped (hazelnuts, walnuts, or almonds can be used)
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed shortbread or vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (powdered or icing)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- To toast nuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and have rack in center of oven.
- Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Let cool completely and then either chop up finely with a knife or place in your food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Process the vanilla wafer cookies or shortbread cookies in the food processor until finely ground.
- Add the crumbs to the finely chopped pecans.
- To this mixture add the confectioners sugar and cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Add the corn syrup and rum and mix well.
- Chill if necessary and then shape into 1 inch (2.54 cm) balls.
- Place the sifted confectioners sugar into a small bowl and roll the rum balls in the sugar.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- These are best if made several days in advance of serving to allow the flavors to mingle.
- Serve at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More