- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Crumb Crust:
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- Combine crust ingredients well, press into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350ºF for 10 min., let crust cool.
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over rum; let stand for 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. In a small saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Whisk in gelatin mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, gelatin mixture and vanilla until smooth. Chill 20-30 minutes or until partially set.
- Beat egg whites until they hold soft peaks, beat in 1/4 cup sugar and beat until mixture holds stiff peaks. In a small bowl whip 1/2 cup whipping cream until thick. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into partially jelled cream cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Chill several hours or overnight.
- To serve, whipped remaining whipping cream and spread over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- TIP: Stabilize the whip cream topping by dissolving 1 teaspoon plain gelatin in 1 tablespoon of boiling water, cool slightly and beat that into the remaining whipping cream at the time of beating. You can also add some icing sugar and a 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to the whipping cream. This will keep the whipping cream from 'weeping' or separating and will allow you to decorate the cheesecake ahead of time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More