- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 container Columbo plain yogurt (8 oz.)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt-to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of white vinegar
- Put the yogurt into a medium-sized bowl. Add the two eggs and enough sugar/salt to taste. Add the flour until it comes to a pancake consistency.
- In a separate small-sized bowl, mix the baking soda and the pinch of white vinegar. Add this to the flour mix. Heat up a pan with oil and pour batter so that the pancakes are of smaller-size in order for them to cook through quickly and not burn.
- Fry until sides turn golden brown, and flip. These are best when served hot!
NotesThese are authentic Russian blini, as my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother have all made and one of my all-time favorites. They are thicker than other pancakes but have a wonderful sweeter flavor. I love eating them with a dollup of sour cream on top and sugar, but maple syrup would be equally as yummy!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More