- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 container Columbo plain yogurt (8 oz.)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt-to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of white vinegar
- Put the yogurt into a medium-sized bowl. Add the two eggs and enough sugar/salt to taste. Add the flour until it comes to a pancake consistency.
- In a separate small-sized bowl, mix the baking soda and the pinch of white vinegar. Add this to the flour mix. Heat up a pan with oil and pour batter so that the pancakes are of smaller-size in order for them to cook through quickly and not burn.
- Fry until sides turn golden brown, and flip. These are best when served hot!
NotesThese are authentic Russian blini, as my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother have all made and one of my all-time favorites. They are thicker than other pancakes but have a wonderful sweeter flavor. I love eating them with a dollup of sour cream on top and sugar, but maple syrup would be equally as yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
The Italian Exchange
The Naked MacaronSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More