- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 container Columbo plain yogurt (8 oz.)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt-to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of white vinegar
- Put the yogurt into a medium-sized bowl. Add the two eggs and enough sugar/salt to taste. Add the flour until it comes to a pancake consistency.
- In a separate small-sized bowl, mix the baking soda and the pinch of white vinegar. Add this to the flour mix. Heat up a pan with oil and pour batter so that the pancakes are of smaller-size in order for them to cook through quickly and not burn.
- Fry until sides turn golden brown, and flip. These are best when served hot!
NotesThese are authentic Russian blini, as my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother have all made and one of my all-time favorites. They are thicker than other pancakes but have a wonderful sweeter flavor. I love eating them with a dollup of sour cream on top and sugar, but maple syrup would be equally as yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Austin Personal Training Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More