- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pinch baking soda
- 1 lg farmers cheese* (not cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 container sour cream or jam of choice
- Put a skillet on stove to warm and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to heat.
- In a bowl, whip vanilla, egg, and baking soda.
- When done add farmer’s cheese, flour and sugar.
- Mix all ingredients by hand.
- Take a cutting board and lightly dust with flour.
- Form by hand wheels about 1½ inch in diameter by ½ thick.
- Lightly cover both sides in flour, put them on cutting board. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the cheese wheels with sour cream or your favorite jam for a delicious breakfast treat.
Notes*FARMER'S CHEESE is a type of soft cheese which is made all over the world. Provided by goat, sheep and cow's milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More