- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
Backstory*FARMER'S CHEESE is a type of soft cheese which is made all over the world. Provided by goat, sheep and cow's milk.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pinch baking soda
- 1 lg farmers cheese* (not cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 container sour cream or jam of choice
- Put a skillet on stove to warm and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to heat.
- In a bowl, whip vanilla, egg, and baking soda.
- When done add farmer’s cheese, flour and sugar.
- Mix all ingredients by hand.
- Take a cutting board and lightly dust with flour.
- Form by hand wheels about 1½ inch in diameter by ½ thick.
- Lightly cover both sides in flour, put them on cutting board. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the cheese wheels with sour cream or your favorite jam for a delicious breakfast treat.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Delicious Bahamian Recipes
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More