- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Pinch baking soda
- 1 lg farmers cheese* (not cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 container sour cream or jam of choice
- Put a skillet on stove to warm and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to heat.
- In a bowl, whip vanilla, egg, and baking soda.
- When done add farmer’s cheese, flour and sugar.
- Mix all ingredients by hand.
- Take a cutting board and lightly dust with flour.
- Form by hand wheels about 1½ inch in diameter by ½ thick.
- Lightly cover both sides in flour, put them on cutting board. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the cheese wheels with sour cream or your favorite jam for a delicious breakfast treat.
Notes*FARMER'S CHEESE is a type of soft cheese which is made all over the world. Provided by goat, sheep and cow's milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More