- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- ¾ cup onions peeled, finely diced
- 1¾ cups carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1¾ cups tomatoes, skin and seeds removed - finely chopped
- 14 oz ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 145° F.
- Wash cabbage and remove outer leaves.
- Place cabbage head in a large pan with boiling water, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool cabbage head with cold water, drain.
- Cook rice in salted water until half cooked (10 minutes). Finely chop onions and sauté in oil or butter until translucent.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Remove tomato skins and seeds.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Add rice and ground beef, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of filling on the inner side of each cabbage leaf.
- Carefully fold the leaves like envelops seam side down.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan and fry golubtsi on both sides until golden brown.
- Bring water to boil, add tomato paste.
- Place golubtsi in the pan and simmer for about 1 hour, or slow cook in pre-heated 145° F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and serve with sour cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More