- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- ¾ cup rice, uncooked
- ¾ cup onions peeled, finely diced
- 1¾ cups carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1¾ cups tomatoes, skin and seeds removed - finely chopped
- 14 oz ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 145° F.
- Wash cabbage and remove outer leaves.
- Place cabbage head in a large pan with boiling water, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool cabbage head with cold water, drain.
- Cook rice in salted water until half cooked (10 minutes). Finely chop onions and sauté in oil or butter until translucent.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Remove tomato skins and seeds.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Combine everything in a bowl.
- Add rice and ground beef, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of filling on the inner side of each cabbage leaf.
- Carefully fold the leaves like envelops seam side down.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan and fry golubtsi on both sides until golden brown.
- Bring water to boil, add tomato paste.
- Place golubtsi in the pan and simmer for about 1 hour, or slow cook in pre-heated 145° F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and serve with sour cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More