Why I Love This Recipe
This recipe comes from a very long time ago. It was usual food on the Russian table, especially in winter. There is even an old holiday in Russia, that is held at the very end of winter/beginning of spring called Maslenitsa. On this day people have a lot of fun somewhere in the forest, they make a figure of winter out of straw and burn it to welcome spring. During the holiday the common dish is crepes with butter.
Submitted by: "Tatiana Volchenkova"
Ingredients You'll Need
1 litre milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. We put milk in a large bowl, then add sugar and salt and mix well.
2. Then we add an egg and mix again.
3. After we add flour until the consistence of mixture is like liquid sour creme.
4. Then we add 1 tea spoon of baking powder mixed with fresh lemon juice and mix.
5. At the end we add oil and mix.
6. We pre hit the pen, put some oil on it, then put a ladle of mixture in the pan, trying to cover all pen (round shape).
7. When the upper side is dry, we turn the crepe over and fry the other side.
8. When the crepe is ready, we take it off and spread some butter on.
9. Continue the same process for the rest mixture.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Crepe