- Cooking Time: 40 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes + chilling
BackstoryThis impressive dessert was a hit at my house. It's fast,easy and beautiful! An apricot jam glaze lends a pretty sheen to the buttery pastry that surrounds tender apple and pear slices.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine apples and pear. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and spices; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add to apple mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon filling over the pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Spread with apricot jam. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.