- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts, boned, skinned, and sliced into bites
- Olive Oil
- 1/2tsp Thyme (or poultry seasoning)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2-3 heads Broccoli, cut into spears & pieces
- 1/2+c Dry White Wine
- 2-3tblsp Flour
- 1+c Milk
- 1tblsp Butter
- * Heat oil in heavy cast skillet or Dutch oven.
- * Add chicken, onion & carrot; season well w/thyme, salt & pepper.
- * Sauté til chicken and veggies are near cooked thru.
- * Add broccoli; stir & sauté 3-4min.
- * Add wine, deglazing pan; cook 5-6min til nearly evaporated.
- * Sprinkle with flour; stir well while cooking 3-4min, til thick & sticky.
- * Add milk a bit at a time, stirring well after each addition of 1/4c or so, to make a creamy sauce.
- * Cook 5-7min til thick and bubbly.
- * Add butter to finish, stirring into mixture til melted.
- * Serve over steamed rice!
NotesI remember when I was young (back before baseball), there was a sauce like this that came in a jar. Even back in the day, I didn't like stuff in a jar. I thought it a challenge to replicate the stuffs-in-a-jar that my mom cooked with from scratch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Food Travels Through Italy
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More