RUSTIC COUNTRY FRENCH CHICKEN
Rustic Country French Chicken
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts, boned, skinned, and sliced into bites
- Olive Oil
- 1/2tsp Thyme (or poultry seasoning)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2-3 heads Broccoli, cut into spears & pieces
- 1/2+c Dry White Wine
- 2-3tblsp Flour
- 1+c Milk
- 1tblsp Butter
* Heat oil in heavy cast skillet or Dutch oven.
* Add chicken, onion & carrot; season well w/thyme, salt & pepper.
* Sauté til chicken and veggies are near cooked thru.
* Add broccoli; stir & sauté 3-4min.
* Add wine, deglazing pan; cook 5-6min til nearly evaporated.
* Sprinkle with flour; stir well while cooking 3-4min, til thick & sticky.
* Add milk a bit at a time, stirring well after each addition of 1/4c or so, to make a creamy sauce.
* Cook 5-7min til thick and bubbly.
* Add butter to finish, stirring into mixture til melted.
* Serve over steamed rice!