- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 Chicken Breasts, boned, skinned, and sliced into bites
- Olive Oil
- 1/2tsp Thyme (or poultry seasoning)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2-3 heads Broccoli, cut into spears & pieces
- 1/2+c Dry White Wine
- 2-3tblsp Flour
- 1+c Milk
- 1tblsp Butter
- * Heat oil in heavy cast skillet or Dutch oven.
- * Add chicken, onion & carrot; season well w/thyme, salt & pepper.
- * Sauté til chicken and veggies are near cooked thru.
- * Add broccoli; stir & sauté 3-4min.
- * Add wine, deglazing pan; cook 5-6min til nearly evaporated.
- * Sprinkle with flour; stir well while cooking 3-4min, til thick & sticky.
- * Add milk a bit at a time, stirring well after each addition of 1/4c or so, to make a creamy sauce.
- * Cook 5-7min til thick and bubbly.
- * Add butter to finish, stirring into mixture til melted.
- * Serve over steamed rice!
NotesI remember when I was young (back before baseball), there was a sauce like this that came in a jar. Even back in the day, I didn't like stuff in a jar. I thought it a challenge to replicate the stuffs-in-a-jar that my mom cooked with from scratch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More