- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed of excess moisture
- 2 ready made pie crusts
- 1 c. low fat cottage cheese
- 10-12 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 12oz. jar Roasted Red peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 c. parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil and then garlic - cook for 1 min. Add spinach and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Unfold one pie crust on the sheet. Spoon the spinach mixture evenly over the crust, leaving one inch border. Layer the cottage cheese, mushrooms, peppers, and then sprinkle with thyme and parmesan. Place the second crust on top and brush the crust with the egg mixture. Crimp the edges to seal the 2 pie crusts together. Brush the top with the remaining egg mixture and cut small slits on the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
NotesHere's another recipe from Real Simple Magazine that I got quite a while ago. It's delicious and light - even light enough to slice up and use as an appetizer
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More