- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- For the pastry
- 250g/8.8 oz flour
- 125g/4.4 oz softened butter
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- A little water
- For the filling
- 500g/1lb mushrooms (I used button mushrooms but you can use any you like)
- 1-2 tbsp salted butter
- Pepper to taste
- Thyme to taste
- 70g/2.5 oz Fourme d’Ambert, or any other cheese you like (the amount will depend on the cheese)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Start with your pastry: in a bowl, mix the flour, butter, egg and salt. Add a little water, just enough so the dough comes together. Wrap in Clingfilm and refrigerate while you prepare the mushrooms.
- Clean the mushrooms and slice as regularly as possible.
- Heat a large frying or sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and sauté your mushrooms until they rendered all their water and it has evaporated. Pepper to taste, add the thyme and allow to cool.
- Take your pastry out of the fridge, and onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Preheat oven at 180°C/355°F
- Roll out the pastry to a rough circle, using your hands or a rolling pin.
- Crumble your cheese in the centre of your dough, about 5 to 8cm (2-3 inches) from the edge. Top with the mushrooms, then fold the dough over towards the centre but without closing it completely.
- Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More