- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe perfect post-Halloween pie to deplete your trick-or-treater's candy haul (or the left-over candy unclaimed by trick-or-treaters.
S'Cream took third place in the Crème Category.
Photo by Jerry Coyne, used with permission. http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2013
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzel sticks
- 1/8 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 1/2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened 6-8 mini kit kats*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped Peanut M&M’s*
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for an hour. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Sprinkle with Peanut M&M’s* before serving.
- *Raid a Trick-or-Treater’s loot for these candies or choose other candies for endless variations on a s’cream theme!
- Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350. Stir together crushed pretzel sticks, brown sugar and melted butter; firmly press crumb mixture on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased pie plate. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack. Microwave chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Spread on bottom of pie crust and then cool crust for 1 hour (or until completely cool) before filling.
- Preheat oven to 325. Cut candy bars into 1/4 inch pieces; arrange over bottom of crust. Beat cream cheese and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add sour cream and peanut butter, beating at low speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Spoon mixture evenly over candy on crust.