- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup shortening (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg white**
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 18 marshmallows, each cut in half, divided
- About 4 plain milk chocolate candy bars, unwrapped, broken into individual squares and divided
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients; set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, cream butter and shortening together thoroughly until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and egg white, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing well. Spoon batter into muffin pans (2 3/4-inch diameter or 1 7/8-inch diameter) lined with paper baking cups, about one-third to one-half full. Insert a marshmallow half or miniature marshmallow into each; top each marshmallow with 1 to 2 chocolate candy squares. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes (about 12 to 15 minutes for 1 7/8-inch diameter cupcakes) or until done. Remove from oven. Top each hot cupcake with an additional chocolate candy square and then a marshmallow half or miniature marshmallow. Broil, about 6 to 8 inches from heat source, just until marshmallows melt and turn a light brown on top. Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool before serving. Yields about 15 to 18 (2 3/4-inch) or 3 to 4 dozen (1 7/8-inch) cupcakes
- NOTE: use miniature marshmallows for 1 7/8-inch diameter cupcakes. Do not cut each in half.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More