- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb Spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 1lb ground Turkey
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 lg cans Glen Muir crushed Tomatoes w/Basil
- splash of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 1tsp ground Cinnamon
- grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Bring water to boil in lg pot for pasta.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven; add turkey & garlic, and cook til turkey is browned; salt & pepper to taste.
- Add canned tomatoes, vinegar and spices, stir well to blend and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer sauce uncovered as water boils then pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta when cooked Al Denté, drown in sauce and serve w/Parm!
- This sauce also makes a good base for SkyLine-esque chili- just add a couple of cans of red and/or kidney beans and simmer for an hour or so.
NotesThis has proven to be the best crowd-pleaser S'ghetti recipe for kids & grownups alike. You know how some people don't like a lot of "stuff" in their s'ghetti, especially kids- mushrooms and the like will screw their little faces up every time? Well, here is the solution- a can't-miss generic sauce that's still unique and flavorful, even to the most discerning, food-snobby adult.
This sauce also makes a good base for SkyLine-esque chili- just add a couple of cans of red and/or kidney beans and simmer for an hour or so.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More