- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb Spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 1lb ground Turkey
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 lg cans Glen Muir crushed Tomatoes w/Basil
- splash of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1tblsp Sugar
- 1tsp ground Cinnamon
- grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Bring water to boil in lg pot for pasta.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven; add turkey & garlic, and cook til turkey is browned; salt & pepper to taste.
- Add canned tomatoes, vinegar and spices, stir well to blend and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer sauce uncovered as water boils then pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta when cooked Al Denté, drown in sauce and serve w/Parm!
- This sauce also makes a good base for SkyLine-esque chili- just add a couple of cans of red and/or kidney beans and simmer for an hour or so.
NotesThis has proven to be the best crowd-pleaser S'ghetti recipe for kids & grownups alike. You know how some people don't like a lot of "stuff" in their s'ghetti, especially kids- mushrooms and the like will screw their little faces up every time? Well, here is the solution- a can't-miss generic sauce that's still unique and flavorful, even to the most discerning, food-snobby adult.
This sauce also makes a good base for SkyLine-esque chili- just add a couple of cans of red and/or kidney beans and simmer for an hour or so.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
The Naked MacaronSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More