SAIMIN (HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SOUP) - ONO!
SAIMIN (Hawaiian Chicken Soup) - Ono!
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh saimin noodles*
- 1 bunch green onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ pound Char Sui* (Chinese roasted pork), sliced thinly
- 8 ounces kamboko* (Japanese fish cake), sliced thinly
- 2 to 3 baby bok choi, roughly sliced
- 1 inch ginger root, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- *These ingredients can be found in the Oriental section of your supermarket and in your local Asian food markets.
Heat chicken broth than add ginger root and soy sauce, let it come to a boil.
Add the char sui, kamboko and bok choi. Remove from heat.
Mix in sesame oil.
When ready to serve add green onions.
Cook noodles according to directions on package.
Place noodles in individual bowls, then add broth mixture.