- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil*
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) fresh salmon fillet, cut crosswise into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, if desired
- Basil leaves, if desired
- Heat gas grill on medium-high or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine butter, orange juice, basil and orange peel in small bowl; reserve 1 tablespoon butter mixture. Brush remaining butter mixture onto fish; sprinkle with garlic pepper.
- Place fish onto grill. Grill, turning once, until fish reaches at least 145°F. or edges flake easily with fork (10 to 12 minutes).
- To serve, drizzle fish with reserved butter mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and basil leaves, if desired.
- *Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
- Recipe Tip: Grilling individual pieces of salmon fillet makes turning the fish much easier during grilling. Be sure to have a good, long-handled metal spatula to lift and turn each piece.
- Recipe Tip: To toast sliced almonds, heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds onto ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown.
NotesThe orange and basil-flavored butter is a nice complement to this grilled salmon entrée.