- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil*
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) fresh salmon fillet, cut crosswise into 2 pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, if desired
- Basil leaves, if desired
- Heat gas grill on medium-high or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine butter, orange juice, basil and orange peel in small bowl; reserve 1 tablespoon butter mixture. Brush remaining butter mixture onto fish; sprinkle with garlic pepper.
- Place fish onto grill. Grill, turning once, until fish reaches at least 145°F. or edges flake easily with fork (10 to 12 minutes).
- To serve, drizzle fish with reserved butter mixture. Sprinkle with almonds and basil leaves, if desired.
- *Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
- Recipe Tip: Grilling individual pieces of salmon fillet makes turning the fish much easier during grilling. Be sure to have a good, long-handled metal spatula to lift and turn each piece.
- Recipe Tip: To toast sliced almonds, heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds onto ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown.
NotesThe orange and basil-flavored butter is a nice complement to this grilled salmon entrée.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More