- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole chicken fryer (about 3.5 lbs), cut into serving pieces
- 1 pack (about 2.5 lbs) pork belly, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, plus 2 extra tablespoons to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 pieces bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 cup broth for more sauce, if desired
- 1 can quail eggs, drained (optional)
- Combine 1st 8 ingredients (using only 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in marinade) in a ziplock bag, mixing well; refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hours marinating). Strain pork and chicken pieces, reserving marinade. Saute remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic in hot oil in nonstick frying pan. Panfry pork and chicken pieces until golden. Transfer fried chicken and pork pieces in a saucepan and add marinade. Cover and cook over high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered for about 45 minutes or until meats are well cooked. Remove cover, add 1 cup broth (if more sauce is desired, and add salt and pepper to taste) and continue cooking till sauce is fairly reduced. You may add drained quail eggs.
NotesEveryone claims he makes the best adobo...so be it, ever! I like to think my adobo is the best. It is tangy, spicy and sweet, simple to make and satisfying to eat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More