- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
Backstorythis recipe came from diabetic gourmet.com, it's tasty and healthy oh and you don't have to diabetic to enjoy it!! :)
- - 6 ounces 50% less fat pork sausage
- - 1 cup fat-free milk
- - 3/4 cup egg substitute
- - 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- - 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- - 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- - 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- - 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- - 3 ounces French bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat
- until hot. Add sausage and cook until browned and crumbled.
- Remove skillet from heat and drain sausage on paper towels.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl,
- combine sausage with remaining ingredients except bread and
- stir to blend. Add bread and coat lightly with the egg
- mixture, being sure that all bread pieces are moistened.
- Pour strata into pie pan and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes
- or until knife inserted comes out clean.