SAUSAGE AND GREEN ONION STRATA
- 6 ounces 50% less fat pork sausage
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces French bread, cubed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat
until hot. Add sausage and cook until browned and crumbled.
Remove skillet from heat and drain sausage on paper towels.
Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl,
combine sausage with remaining ingredients except bread and
stir to blend. Add bread and coat lightly with the egg
mixture, being sure that all bread pieces are moistened.
Pour strata into pie pan and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes
or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Pairs Well With
this recipe came from diabetic gourmet.com, it's tasty and healthy oh and you don't have to diabetic to enjoy it!! :)