- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- - 6 ounces 50% less fat pork sausage
- - 1 cup fat-free milk
- - 3/4 cup egg substitute
- - 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- - 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- - 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- - 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- - 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- - 3 ounces French bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat
- until hot. Add sausage and cook until browned and crumbled.
- Remove skillet from heat and drain sausage on paper towels.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl,
- combine sausage with remaining ingredients except bread and
- stir to blend. Add bread and coat lightly with the egg
- mixture, being sure that all bread pieces are moistened.
- Pour strata into pie pan and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes
- or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Notesthis recipe came from diabetic gourmet.com, it's tasty and healthy oh and you don't have to diabetic to enjoy it!! :)
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
NFPG Recipe Collection
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More