- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (16 oz.) pkgs. Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced (I use a can of stems and pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced or coarsely grated carrots
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pkg. (15 oz.) herbed dry bread cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery and garlic; cook 10-12 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring frequently.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into a buttered 4-quart casserole.
- Bake covered for 60 minutes.
NotesMy family likes a meat dressing to stuff a bird or to make separately. I have two and this is the one with sausage.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More