- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1-pound loaf French bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated GruyÃƒÂ¨re cheese
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh marjoram
- Place bread on 2 large baking sheets. Let stand uncovered overnight to dry out.
- Cook asparagus in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold running water to cool. Drain well.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Mix cheeses and herbs in medium bowl. Place half of bread in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with half of asparagus, then half of cheese mixture. Pour half of egg mixture over. Repeat with remaining bread, asparagus, cheese mixture, and egg mixture. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing with spatula to submerge bread pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake bread pudding until brown and puffed, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
NotesVery hearty side dish, also great for brunch or a light lunch served with a salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More