- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or basil
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 4 large fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 TB everyday balsamic vinegar
- 6 oz sheep or goat's milk feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 TB minced fresh chives, divided
- ground paprika, for garnish
- Boil the water in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in salt, oregano or basil and couscous. Cover immediately and let sit undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush peaches with balsamic vinegar and grill or broil 2–3 minutes on each side. Remove to platter or individual serving plates.
- Toss the crumbled cheese and one tablespoon of the minced chives into the couscous, then spoon into the grilled peach halves, mounding the couscous. (If desired, first scoop out a little of the peach flesh to make more room for couscous stuffing.)
- If the peaches were broiled, drizzle any remaining pan juices over the couscous. Sprinkle lightly with remaining chives and paprika. Serve on a bed of baby salad greens alongside a three bean salad.
- Whole Foods
NotesThese are really nice for brunch