- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large red potatoes*, peeled (place in cold water to prevent browning)
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced and separated into thin rings
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tbsp. potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes (available at health food stores, gives a cheesy flavour)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. GF seasoned salt
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place one layer in the bottom of a large, greased baking dish.
- Top with 4 or 5 onion rings and sprinkle lightly with some pepper and seasoned salt.
- Combine the almond milk, potato starch and nutritional flakes in a 2 cup measure and stir well to blend.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of this mixture over the potato/onion layer.
- Repeat until all potatoes are in the baking dish and the liquid is used.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes, cover tightly and place in a preheated 350F oven.
- Cook for 1 hour or until potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- Cool for 5 min. before serving.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2014
Gluten Free and Dairy Free
Austin Personal Training Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More