- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large red potatoes*, peeled (place in cold water to prevent browning)
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced and separated into thin rings
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tbsp. potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes (available at health food stores, gives a cheesy flavour)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. GF seasoned salt
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place one layer in the bottom of a large, greased baking dish.
- Top with 4 or 5 onion rings and sprinkle lightly with some pepper and seasoned salt.
- Combine the almond milk, potato starch and nutritional flakes in a 2 cup measure and stir well to blend.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of this mixture over the potato/onion layer.
- Repeat until all potatoes are in the baking dish and the liquid is used.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes, cover tightly and place in a preheated 350F oven.
- Cook for 1 hour or until potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- Cool for 5 min. before serving.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2014
Gluten Free and Dairy Free
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More