- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- Pinch of salt
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. milk or cream
- 2 T. butter ( that is what it said)
- Cream butter until frothy, then add, one after another, sugar, egg yolks, salt, flour and milk. Beat egg whites until stiff and carefully fold in.
- Melt remaining butter in a cast iron skillet and pour in batter.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
- With two forks, chop the resulting pancake.
- Serve on a hot platter sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and garnished with pieces of apple, cherry, seedless raisins or other fruit, sauteed in butter.
NotesMy grandmother used to feed me a sort of scrambled egg but it had flour and milk and other things. When it was cooked, like scrambled eggs, it was served sprinkled with white sugar. I hadn't had this since I was a kid almost 60 years ago. I got this recipe from a poster, Germanlady, on the TOH board. Other than the fruit and cinnamon this sounds the same.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More