- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryThis recipe is part of my home economic class at secondary school aged 11
- 1 egg
- 2 table spoons of milk
- 25g or 1oz of margarine
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 slice of bread
- Crack the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the milk half the butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg mixture with a whisk or a fork.(The more air you can get into your eggs, the lighter and fluffier they will be)
- Add the rest of the butter to a saucepan and place it on a gentle heat.
- Stir butter slowly with a wooden spoon.Check that the butter hasn't got too hot - it shouldn't be sizzling. Swirl it around the pan so it covers every part of the bottom surface.
- Put the bread in the toaster.
- Pour in the beaten eggs into the saucepan with butter. Right from the start the eggs need constant, gentle stirring, on a very low heat. The eggs will get firmer and firmer the longer they are on the heat, so the second they get to your preferred consistency of scramble, take them off the heat.
- Remove the toasted bread from the toaster and butter it immediately so the butter melts.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs onto the toast.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More