- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups margarine or butter, melted
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's recommended)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 York Peppermint patties (small 1-1/2")
- Heat oven to 350°F (if using a glass pan, 325°F). Grease 13" X 9" baking pan.
- In large bowl with spoon or wire whisk, stir together butter, sugar & vanilla. Add eggs; stir until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt. Blend well.
- -- Reserve 2 cups batter; set aside.
- -- Spread remaining batter in prepared pan.
- -- Arrange peppermint patties in single layer over batter, about 1/2" apart. (4 across, 6 lengthwise)
- -- Spread reserved batter over patties.
- Bake 50-55 mins or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into squares.
NotesThis recipe has a big WOW factor, especially when people don't know of the dark chocolate mint filling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Italian Exchange
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More