- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (macaroni, bow tie, etc....)
- 3 teaspoons butter (OR half butter and half olive oil)
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, mettwurst, or kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly shredded
- extra virgin olive oil
- basil, oregano, dill, parsley, etc...., if desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute peppers, cabbage, and onion until tender-crisp. Add garlic and sausage. Cook until sausage is heated.
- Drain pasta. Pour into large bowl. Add sausage-vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Toss to coat. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, if desired.
- For added color, use two or three different color mild peppers. Julienne, if desired.
- Use a different variety of pasta.
- Use different vegetables, in season.
NotesThis recipe is so adaptable. Use vegetables in season and your favorite meat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More