- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (macaroni, bow tie, etc....)
- 3 teaspoons butter (OR half butter and half olive oil)
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, mettwurst, or kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly shredded
- extra virgin olive oil
- basil, oregano, dill, parsley, etc...., if desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute peppers, cabbage, and onion until tender-crisp. Add garlic and sausage. Cook until sausage is heated.
- Drain pasta. Pour into large bowl. Add sausage-vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Toss to coat. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, if desired.
- For added color, use two or three different color mild peppers. Julienne, if desired.
- Use a different variety of pasta.
- Use different vegetables, in season.
NotesThis recipe is so adaptable. Use vegetables in season and your favorite meat.
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More