- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup shortening (I used butter-flavor Crisco)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (I use margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (I omitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend dry ingredients into creamed shortening mixture.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnmaon in a small bowl. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and coat in the cinnmamon-sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with your hand or the underside of a glass.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. If you like your snickerdoodles soft with a slightly crispy outer edge, the key is to take them out of the oven when they look like they may need one more minute. They may look a little underdone, but take them out anyway and let them sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes to firm up and then move them to a wire rack to cool.
NotesI followed this recipe as is, except I did not add the cream of tartar as it states, I find my cookies just fine without just as well with, I have noticed no difference to me in how they come out either way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More