- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup shortening (I used butter-flavor Crisco)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (I use margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (I omitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blend dry ingredients into creamed shortening mixture.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnmaon in a small bowl. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and coat in the cinnmamon-sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with your hand or the underside of a glass.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. If you like your snickerdoodles soft with a slightly crispy outer edge, the key is to take them out of the oven when they look like they may need one more minute. They may look a little underdone, but take them out anyway and let them sit on the baking sheet for 2 minutes to firm up and then move them to a wire rack to cool.
NotesI followed this recipe as is, except I did not add the cream of tartar as it states, I find my cookies just fine without just as well with, I have noticed no difference to me in how they come out either way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More