- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Work the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Next, stir the vinegar, baking soda, and salt into the milk, and add this to the butter-flour mixture.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Roll out to a thickness of about 1/5 inch...very thin.
- Lightly score the dough in the size of the cracker you desire.
- (an easy way to do this is roll out the dough directly onto a flat baking sheet. Next, placing a ruler on the dough perforate the dough along the side of the ruler with a fork. Make squares, or diamonds. If you use cookie cutters for special occasions you wil have alot of waste unless you gather up the fragments and re-roll and re-cut them.
- Bake the crackers at 375* for about 20 minutes or until crisp.
- The crackers should not get too brown, just a sprinkling of brown on top.
NotesIf you feel so inclined you can even make your own crackers. A little bit of seasoning or cookie cutters can make fancier crackers for dips and such.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More