- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you feel so inclined you can even make your own crackers. A little bit of seasoning or cookie cutters can make fancier crackers for dips and such.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Work the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Next, stir the vinegar, baking soda, and salt into the milk, and add this to the butter-flour mixture.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Roll out to a thickness of about 1/5 inch...very thin.
- Lightly score the dough in the size of the cracker you desire.
- (an easy way to do this is roll out the dough directly onto a flat baking sheet. Next, placing a ruler on the dough perforate the dough along the side of the ruler with a fork. Make squares, or diamonds. If you use cookie cutters for special occasions you wil have alot of waste unless you gather up the fragments and re-roll and re-cut them.
- Bake the crackers at 375* for about 20 minutes or until crisp.
- The crackers should not get too brown, just a sprinkling of brown on top.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More