- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Sour Cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup dried cherries**
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine all topping ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sour cream, egg and almond extract in small bowl until smooth. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in cherries.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times until smooth, adding small amount of flour, if necessary.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 7-inch circle. Place 2 inches apart onto large ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle topping evenly over dough. Score each half into 8 wedges; do not separate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until scones are lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes; separate scones. Store leftover scones in airtight container at room temperature.
- *Substitute 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries.
- Recipe Tip
- Coarsely chop cherries if they are large.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More