- Cooking Time: 30 - 35 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 1 700 ML jar of spaghetti sauce (we used PC Blue Menu Low Fat Pasta
- Sauce - Mushroom & Garlic)
- ½-¾ lb (225g) Lean ground beef for Meatballs (season to taste and precook)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded, amount to taste
- Garnish as desired
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and put about 2 tablespoons of water in the cavity of each squash half.
- Microwave until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drag a fork across the pulp to “shred” it into spaghetti like strands.
- Place “spaghetti" in a casserole dish, add ¾ of the spaghetti sauce and mix
- Place meatballs on top, pour balance of spaghetti sauce over meatballs and heat in oven at 325 F for about 20 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and broil for about 5 - 7 minutes. ENJOY!
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Fall 2011
Very Healthy, Nutritious and Tasty!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More