- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can green chilis, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped, seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped pimiento
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese (1%)
In nonstick skillet, saute green pepper, onion, and garlic in water.
Add chilis, tomato, and pimiento and boil off remaining liquid.
Combine egg whites and saffron and beat into soft peaks.
Fold cottage cheese into egg whites, followed by the contents of the skillet.
Return to skillet and fry until eggs are set turning to avoid scorching.
Pour off any water rendered during cooking and serve.