- Cooking Time: 7 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- orange paste or gel food color
- yellow paste or gel food color
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Line bottom and sides of a 9x5 in. loaf pan with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Set aside
- Combine butter and 1 cup sugar in large bow; beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg, orange juice, orange peel and salt. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking soda. Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Press one-third of white dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Place another one-third dough back into same bowl. Add small amount of orange food color; mix until color is well blended.
- Press orange dough evenly over white dough in pan. Place remaining one-third of dough into another medium bowl.
- Add small amount of yellow food color; mix until
- color is well blended.
- Press yellow dough evenly over orange dough in pan.
- Cover with plastic food wrap; refridgerate until firm (at least 2 hrs or overnight).
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oven 375°.
- Invert loaf pan to remove dough.
- Peel off waxed paper.
- Place layered dough onto cutting surface.
- Cut loaf crosswise into 1/4-inch slices using sharp knife, trimming edges to make even, if necessary.
- Cut each slice into 6 wedges.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Immediately place warm cookies in bowl with sugar; roll in sugar to coat.
- Place cookies onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More