- Cooking Time: 7 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- orange paste or gel food color
- yellow paste or gel food color
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Line bottom and sides of a 9x5 in. loaf pan with waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Set aside
- Combine butter and 1 cup sugar in large bow; beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg, orange juice, orange peel and salt. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking soda. Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Press one-third of white dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Place another one-third dough back into same bowl. Add small amount of orange food color; mix until color is well blended.
- Press orange dough evenly over white dough in pan. Place remaining one-third of dough into another medium bowl.
- Add small amount of yellow food color; mix until
- color is well blended.
- Press yellow dough evenly over orange dough in pan.
- Cover with plastic food wrap; refridgerate until firm (at least 2 hrs or overnight).
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oven 375°.
- Invert loaf pan to remove dough.
- Peel off waxed paper.
- Place layered dough onto cutting surface.
- Cut loaf crosswise into 1/4-inch slices using sharp knife, trimming edges to make even, if necessary.
- Cut each slice into 6 wedges.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Immediately place warm cookies in bowl with sugar; roll in sugar to coat.
- Place cookies onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The NourishFull Kitchen
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More