- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1Tbs. country crock lgt
- 3Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled & grated
- 1/8 tsp.ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp.ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp.nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp.cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- For the filled-pancake batter:
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs.sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 C fat free buttermilk
- 1/2 C fat free sour cream
- 5 egg whites
- 5 Tbs. country crock light melted
- 1 Tbs. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Filling: in a fry pan over med heat, cook the butter, brown sugar, apples, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon & lemon juice, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes. Drain off any liquid. Set aside.
- To make the filled-pancake batter, in a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. In another bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in the buttermilk and sour cream. Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture until well combined; the batter will be lumpy. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff but not dry peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the whites into the batter in two additions.
- Brush the wells of a filled-pancake pan with melted butter. Heat over medium heat until the butter bubbles. Pour 1 Tbs. batter into each well and cook for 2 minutes. Spoon 1/2 tsp. apple filling into the center of each pancake and top with 1 Tbs. batter. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes more. Using 2 skewers or toothpicks, flip the pancakes over and cook until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the pancakes to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on the pancakes. Makes about 30.
- I got this in an email and lightened it up! It says it makes about 30.
- So you can have 3 of those sweet little things for 4 points.
- YOU WILL NEED ONE OF THESE:
- Ebelskiver Filled-Pancake Pan
- THEY SELL THEM ON THE WILLIAMS SONOMA SITE OR YOU CAN CHECK BED, BATH & BEYOND.
- This would probably make a good weekend breakfast. :)
- put a little sugar free syrup on it & your all set!
- 10 servings= 3 pancakes each= 4 pts
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More