- Cooking Time: about 1 hour
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. garbanzo bean flour
- 2/3 c. cornstarch
- ½ c. tapioca starch
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1/14 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cinnamon with pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- 1/3 c. margarine
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ c. cocoa
- ½ c. nuts (walnuts)
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- 1/4c. (generous) raisins, soaked in hot water and patted dry.
- 3 heaping tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x5 loaf pan with veg. spray.
- In medium bowl, blend flours, gum, b.soda, cream of tartar, salt, spices, cocoa.
- In large mixing bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs gradually till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mix alter. with banana and applesauce til batter is smooth. If batter is too thick, thin with 1-2 tbsp. apple or orange juice.
- Dust nuts and chips with white rice flour.
- Add raisins, nuts and chips to batter.
- Pour into pan and bake approx. 60 minutes, testing with tooth-pick.
- Let cool on rack before slicing.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
GAES PTO Recipes
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More