- Cooking Time: about 1 hour
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. garbanzo bean flour
- 2/3 c. cornstarch
- ½ c. tapioca starch
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1/14 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cinnamon with pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- 1/3 c. margarine
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ c. cocoa
- ½ c. nuts (walnuts)
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- 1/4c. (generous) raisins, soaked in hot water and patted dry.
- 3 heaping tbsp. unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x5 loaf pan with veg. spray.
- In medium bowl, blend flours, gum, b.soda, cream of tartar, salt, spices, cocoa.
- In large mixing bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs gradually till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mix alter. with banana and applesauce til batter is smooth. If batter is too thick, thin with 1-2 tbsp. apple or orange juice.
- Dust nuts and chips with white rice flour.
- Add raisins, nuts and chips to batter.
- Pour into pan and bake approx. 60 minutes, testing with tooth-pick.
- Let cool on rack before slicing.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Spring 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More